Tuesday, 24 September 2013

London Fashion Weekend

One week into the course, actually... not even one week yet and we have been sent on our very first mission. Street style!

Although we went for the day at London Fashion Week it was very limited as we could only use the public areas. Still a brilliant opportunity to check out some of the people passing by, between shows and even the other bloggers were looking great but I wanted more. So me and my other fashion friends bought ourselves a ticket to London Fashion Weekend, the closest thing we could get to the mayhem. How exciting!

The ticket included access to all areas (stalls, shops, exhibitions) and a choice of a designer catwalk show or a trend catwalk show so we decided to opt for the designer show. Luckily we caught the Gulien Macdonald show and I thought it was fabulous.


Street Style Pictures:


 
 





 
Of course, I couldn't possibly deprive you of the shots I got during the Julien Macdonald catwalk show, enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
As you can see, the main colours of the collection included black and gold but red and white were also included. The evening dresses especially; showed elegance, but the whole collection was dripping with class. I am a massive fan of low, open back dresses so I particularly enjoyed the gold dress, sparkling with sequins and a short train and the red evening dress which was not only covered in sequins but had tassels reminding me of the 1920's style flappers. The range of textures included in the line from sequins to fur to lace really shows off Julien Macdonals skills as a designer. I will be sure to keep my eyes on his upcoming work.
 
 
Yours Fashionably
 
Sarah Victoria
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment