My first post after Christmas and probably my last post of 2013 so it has to be good doesn't it? As we all finish cramming in the last of our turkey sandwiches and Quality Streets (the good ones obviously) it is time to focus on the only good thing that keeps us going through the post Christmas lull... sales!
There are two types of sale goer in this world, there is the hardcore type who sets up camp at 4am outside their favourite high street store practically pressing their noses against the glass ready to run as soon as the door opens. They are willing to search through an endless rail of last seasons clothes just to find a bargain which usually will never be worn and is £12 that probably could have been saved. I am referring to these people in third person because I certainly am not one of them.
This brings me on to the second type of sale goer which I fit more in to the category of. We sit on the sofa with a laptop or iPad and scroll through webpage after webpage of sale items to grab the best bargains from the comfort of our own home. If you ask anybody who knows me they will tell you I am a crazy shopper! The type that could eventually turn into a shopaholic. I am one of those who will take so many things to the fitting room that I'm not allowed to take it all in at once then stand in my cubicle adding up the total bill on my iPhone calculator to see just how far I can stretch my budget. Despite my undying love for shopping there is one kink in our relationship that I just cant straighten out; sale! I have no patience for the untidiness and unorganised chaos that a sale brings to a store, I like to see all of the items neatly laid out in front of me, organised into size order and separate sections for item categories. Not a pile of clothes for everybody to attack and hope for the best. Im so anal about it that I take one look through the doors of TK Max and Primark and think 'hmm I would rather not'. This is why online shopping in a complete saviour when it comes to the sales and even then I have to say I quickly scroll through and if it doesn't grab my attention straight away then I will move onto the next website. I know, I am so cruel!
I hope everybody that was brave enough to tackle the sales either in store or online grabbed themselves a bargain. A tip for you all is check out Ebay, I had a look today and there is some great bargains as everybody is clearing out the old to make space for the new.
Hopefully 2014 can bring us all lots of happy moments.
Happy New Year
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria

Agreed sales now often resemble jumble sales unless you choose specific items online x
ReplyDelete