I have recently embarked on an extremely exciting journey as I have become the new fashion features writer for HotHot Magazine. I got the job in December but have kept it on the low down until the first issue was realised and I am happy to say it launched at the end of last month so I can now officially be proud to be a part of it.
When my copy of the magazine arrived in the post this morning I felt so excited and honoured to have my name on the list titled 'The Team' and I although I was so happy to see the amazing work of all the writers and how liberating it is to see the final product of month worth of hard work I found myself reflecting on the time spent putting the magazine together and how lucky I am to have been involved.
Tomo, the editor in chief has done some amazing things in his past so I was extremely shocked when he gave me the job considering I am still only in my first year and all the others involved have so much experience however I couldn't thanks him enough. I am definitely the baby of the group as everybody else its twenty something and I'm only just about to hit 19 but it is great to be around people who have been in the industry a few more years and hopefully I can follow suit.
Since working on the magazine I have worked as stylist for my trends shoot where I had to pull all the products from the PR's which is an extremely long job although I couldn't complain when I was in the stock cupboard and Topman, H&M and Urban Outfitters choosing what products to take away with me (if only I didn't have to return them). Not only did I work at that shoot but I assisted the stylist for the Caroline Flack shoot which is featured in the magazine which was fun. Not only meeting Caroline Flack but watching the professional make-up and hair stylists work their magic then helping Lou with the styling for the theme which was film noir (sexy underwear basically). I then of course got to write up my article and now to see it printed in a magazine that is handed out in the thousands is the cherry on top of the cake.
I have had a fantastic time working on the first issue of HotHot Magazine and now I get to do it all over again for the second issue released at the end of May. Go to hothotmag.com to see all the crazy events we provide for anybody and everybody to get involved in!!
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria
No comments:
Post a Comment