Sunday, 17 August 2014

Why A Closet Clear Out Is So Important!

After chatting to my friend about how great it feels to have a complete wardrobe clear out I couldn't shake my craving to do it. So yesterday afternoon I piled everything out of my wardrobe onto my bed and stood looking at it for a minute thinking... How do I ever say I have nothing to wear! In the end I actually only got rid of around 8/10 items, all things that I still loved but are just too big for me now (always a good feeling). I don't think getting rid of clothes is necessarily what makes a wardrobe clear out so useful, I think every month or so, getting everything out and laying it out in front of you reminds you what you have. I was looking at dresses that had been lost amongst the rest that I had totally forgotten about and tops that I have barely worn but could suddenly think of 10 outfits for them. I have big urges to go shopping quite often but seeing all of my clothes mounted on my bed made more shopping seem ridiculous! 

It saved me money yesterday and I now plan on wearing some of my old clothes that have barely had their use and been tossed aside for new purchases. 

In honour of this, I decided to wear an older skirt that I got from Topshop a few seasons ago for drinks with my close friend Jo. I have so many skirts and I don't wear them enough. This skirt is a size 10 and after dropping 2 dress sizes I did consider getting rid of it as it now sits on my hips not my waist... Then I remembered what I paid for it and thought 'screw it, I can work with it'. I wore it with my basic black cami which just met the top of the skirt and I really don't think anybody would know the skirt was supposed to be high waisted. In a way I now prefer the skirt as I used to think it was too short! It's very sixties and the black panels add a bit extra. I wore it with my heeled boots and black tights (can you believe it's August). Everyone who knows me well knows that monochrome is my favourite so this outfit seemed perfect for me and I will definitely wear it again, maybe when it's a bit warmer and I can dare to bare my legs out. 


 

So don't write off your clothes if you drop a few dress sizes, try and make them work as oversized or wear them slightly differently like I did with my skirt! 

Yours Fashionably 
Sarah Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment