Sunday, 7 September 2014

And So It Begins...

It's that time of year again, fashion week is upon us and it all kicks off in New York and I must say today has been particularly impressive! I have promised myself that one day I will be there in New York seeing it all for myself but for now... My twitter feed will have to do! 

One of my favourite designers and my favourite woman in general showed her SS15 collection today, the one and only Victoria Beckham. I think this collection is my favourite of hers so far. I love the bold prints and bright colours, the pink is very girly which I like along with the black and white which of course is my favourite. The black dress with the straight lines and cut out sections is my favourite and I can't find fault with the stylish jacket! The models chunky block heels were also fabulous! If only I could have been there rubbing shoulders with Anna Wintour on one side and the gorgeous David Beckham on the other! 

Here is some pictures of the show: 


Another show which has stood out for me is the DVF collection. The frilly shapes  are playful to match the floral prints with beautifully bright colours. I also think it helps that Naomi Campbell was leading the way on the catwalk. I absolutely adore her and her attitude! I did get addicted to The Face purely to watch Naomi's diva fits and brutality towards not only the contestants but the other judges and judging from this show she hasn't lost it. 


And of course you can rely on Alexander Wang to inject the sex appeal into fashion week. All black, mesh vests with matching mesh panel jackets... Who said spring meant colourful? His show yesterday lived up to all expectations and his incredibly chic collection reminded me why I love his work so much. It's the complete opposite to Diane von Fürstenberg's collection shown today and I think that's why I like it. It shows two completely different takes on SS15 trends and it's refreshing to see that each show isn't a regurgitation of the last. 



The most exciting thing about NYFW is that it means that London Fashion Week is next and all the fun is about it begin over here. I feel so lucky that I will be attending some shows over the course of LFW and I will be able to reveal exactly which ones closer to the time! 

Here are a few of my favourite pictures from today: 
VB herself tweeted this to show her lovely, supportive family! It's nice to see how normal they are!
 
The best FROW position I can think of! 

Diane von Fürstenberg herself giving us ladies some words of encouragement. Be happy, be sexy, be the woman you want to be. SMILE. 

Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment