But I'm back and I promise to return to my regular blogging routine! I had an amazing last few days at home which included me winning the Summer Sweat Challenge with the Wedges and Weights fitness page written by the beautiful Hannah Mills (a blog post dedicated to this will be up later this week). I want to focus on my first two weeks in London though, which after a little reflection time have been incredible.
I spent my first week at Closer magazine, one I'm sure you have all seen and heard of. As it's owned by Bauer Media I have already been to their building when I worked at Heat last year so at least I knew what to expect. I was based in the fashion cupboard with the glamorous job of returns and check-ins but I was just glad to be there. I also had to call in products which involved calling the PRs for beauty products and I also had to research prices of items for the magazine. I was given the job to find new realises for the Christmas gift guide too so keep a look out for that.
The team at Bauer are all so friendly and welcoming that I have enjoyed working at both Heat and Closer and as they have invited me back it's something I will definitely consider.
Here are two of my outfits from the week, I definitely considered comfort as I was on my feet most of the day and going to events in the evening. I was also really good and got up at 6am most mornings to work out first so I definitely appreciated the lie in on Saturday:
I was also selected to write a movie review in Asos magazine which is great! I got to go to a private screening at The Hospital Club to watch The Imitation Game. It was very easy to write a review as it's one of the best films I have seen in a long time and I recommend it to everybody. It's out on the 14th November and I will definitely pay for a ticket and watch it again as the plot is fantastic and is all based on a true story. It shows World War Two from such a realistic and heartbreaking angle yet manages to carry an upbeat feeling throughout. It was superb!
And of course, how could I forget Fashion Week!! I have to say, I couldn't have moved to London at a better time really. Like the last two seasons, I wrote for Noctis Magazine covering a number of shows including Fashion International, Apu Jan, Ada Zandition, Sadie Clyaton and a number of others. The Apu Jan show was my favourite as the collection was so accessible. Juggling Closer with fashion week was tough but there is nothing better than watching a great show at LFW so I'm glad I did it.
And finally, I was given free tickets to the M&S show at London Fashion Weekend so me and Mike got up on Saturday and headed to Somerset House. I was so impressed with M&S, I can't help but think of the stereotype that my Grandma shops there so how could I find something for a 19 year old fashion student in there too, but the show proved me wrong. I was in LOVE with the tailored winter coats shown on the catwalk and the menswear was particularly impressive. Maybe I should start following my Grandma more often!
And finally I wouldn't be complete without a fitness photo; it was National Fitness Day on Friday so in the spirit of things I completed the Wedges&Weights fitness challenge. It was an AMRAP challenge (as many rounds as possible) I set my timer for 15 minutes and completed 15 burpees, 15 squat jumps, 15 push ups, 15 hip bridges, 15 V sits and 15 second plank hold as many times as possible in 15 minutes. It's a ridiculously sweaty challenge and it's so much harder than it sounds so don't get too cocky people! Follow @RealHannahMills for amazing challenges and nutritious meal ideas. Like I said, I will put up my post about the Summer Sweat Challenge and my training session with Hannah herself later this week so eyes peeled!
I've rambled enough now and I think you've all caught up on my life! Hope you all have a great week and I will be checking in again very soon!
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria












No comments:
Post a Comment