Thursday, 5 November 2015

Be Your Own Motivation

Since moving back to London, life has run away with me. With it being third and final year for me I have been getting on with my work along with working hard in fitness and teaching  A LOT!

I am absolutely loving my life in fitness right now, I cant get enough and I've been lucky enough to get some opportunities that I have felt a few 'pinch me' moments recently.

I quite openly discuss my own journey as not all that long ago I found myself lost in health and fitness and needing some guidance. All I wanted was to be happy and healthy with a sustainable lifestyle of balance. Something clicked inside my head and once I started seeing results and feeling more relaxed and less obsessive it suddenly became easy.

Now I am working as an instructor I see so many different members and clients and I think its important for everybody to remember that we are all so different. We all compare ourselves to the perfect looking girls on social media, celebrities and models. Its so important to take Instagram with a pinch of salt and not get upset when you feel you don't live up to their profiles. I have recently been thinking about one specific area that we are all different and how no way is the right way, that is how we are motivated!

Some of us are super self motivated and some of us aren't, there is nothing wrong with either and I wish everybody would believe that. I know for a fact I am the type of person that can motivate myself to do most things in life, I love working out so its not too hard for me to get my ass to the gym however I do love food so much that if I need help on motivation, that's where I need it. I live my life striving for balance. I eat healthy because it makes me genuinely feel better, I think it tastes better and I function better. Everybody is motivated by different things, I know a lot of people that always have to be working towards something. A date in the diary whether its an event, a run or a competition. Surprisingly, I am the opposite. As soon as I plan something to prep for I feel worse and this is the perfect example of how we all need different things. As soon as I set a limit on myself or restrict myself I just want to fall off the bandwagon. Its like when you say 'I wont eat chocolate for the rest of the month'... suddenly you have crazy cravings for chocolate right?

This is only one example of times in health and fitness that there is no right or wrong. Do what makes YOU happy and find YOUR balance!

I have three exciting announcements to make!!

1. I have been working on a fitness Instagram account where I have been focussing on tracking my fitness career in London along with my workouts, meals and all things health and fitness. I have done this so my friends that don't have an interest in working out don't have to see my crazy fit side. If you are interested and want motivation, fitness fashion, inspiration for workouts and just to see my general fitness shenanigans then please follow and support me. I am @thebalancedblonde_

2. I now officially have my very own fitness guide. Written and designed by myself. Since qualifying and writing about fitness on my blog I have had a number of people contact me wanting nutritional and fitness advice and support. 'Finding Your Balance' is tips that I can give based on my own experiences and struggles. To get your copy email sv.stoneley@sky.com requesting your copy! Its totally free!

3. Third and final exciting piece of news. Mainly in the interest of people based in Cheshire. Over Christmas break, while I'm at home I am in the process of planning a Christmas Bootcamp. It will include a workout, xmas treats, competitions and prizes. More information will soon be released but if you would love to come then I want to hear from you! Again, drop me an email to sv.stoneley@sky.com or a comment on Facebook and let me know if you're interested. (Men and women welcome)

Sarah x

No comments:

Post a Comment