I am sure you will have heard this so many times that you will be bored of it but it is so true I cant say it enough... Food is fuel and to get results it is 80% nutrition 20% training, if not more.
Me and my mum were talking about it at the weekend and how eating well doesn't just help in making you feel better about how you look but it makes you feel better on the inside. I have always struggled with getting bloated quite badly after big/carb heavy meals, this lead me to start eating much better and started to feel and see the difference.
With help from my coach I started focussing on my diet and how to use it to fuel my body in the best way. I ALWAYS eat an egg based breakfast as I found cereal and porridge wouldn't keep me full for long. I suggest this to everybody as there are many different options with eggs and they make such a tasty and filling meal.
I HATE hearing about people that cut out carbs to lose weight and SO many people do it. There are SO many reasons not to do it. People think that the only forms of carbs are bread, rice, pasta and potato... no no, carbs are in so much food it is impossible to cut them out all together. Carbs are so important and they give your body the energy it needs, this why if you try cutting them out you feel tired, sleepy and hungry! The prime time for binging. Not eating carbs is never going to be something you do forever so once you start eating them again you will just gain weight, cutting out any food will do the same.
It not that carbs are bad for you its the amount you eat and the time of day that you eat them. Just like anything, if you eat too much then you will gain weight. A PT friend of mine gave some great advice in a portion of carbs should be roughly the size of the palm of your hand. Its best to eat your carbs straight after your workout and preferably not right before bed time. I stay away from white bread mainly because it makes me bloat but I actually prefer brown bread but still don't eat that too often either. I love wholemeal pitta, rice, sweet potato and quinoa as carb sources and depending on how much energy I need and what time of day it is helps me decide which one to have.
I love sharing pictures of my meals to keep track for myself plus when they look so good why not post them on instagram?
Here are a few of my recent ones.
So please never cut out carbs... most of us have tried it, me included! It wont benefit you and to be honest it just made me ill.
I am always happy to answer questions so if you ever want more information email or message me. I do have a qualification in this and would rather help people who don't know than anybody do a crazy fad diet.
No comments:
Post a Comment