Firstly, I apologise for my absence recently, I have been so busy with lots of exciting projects and a few birthday celebrations.
There are many pros to studying fashion journalism in terms of making contacts, hearing interesting guest speakers and learning from the best. We had a great opportunity today to work directly with professional photographer, Ivan Hugo.
Our most recent module has been styling and photography as we were set a project to create our own photo shoot based on a famous exhibition. We chose to research the work of Isa Genzken, a famous American artist. I enjoy to research something new and look into peoples work that I don't know much about. We had to direct the whole shoot from the hair and make-up, styling to photography and model direction and as all members of my group were confident to take on separate roles it turned out to be successfully organised. Our course leader organised for Ivan Hugo to be present for all shoots to help set up lighting, cameras and give his professional opinion and it was so great to have the chance to work with him. He obviously had to take a step back so that it was our personal decisions but it was extremely helpful to have an outsiders point of view and of course someone with an in-depth knowledge of photography.
I am excited to start editing the pictures and see how the final images turn out. The chance to work with Ivan Hugo has been a great opportunity which I don't feel would have been as accessible on any other course, today I am feeling very lucky to be doing what I am.
Setting up the lighting
One of our models posing
Ivan Hugo looking over our images
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria
No comments:
Post a Comment