Due to technically problems this was not posted when scheduled on Thursday 5th June
Last weekend I had a really fabulous trip to London for Graduate Fashion Week. Since moving home for summer I was in desperate need of my London fix and it definitely made me so excited to be moving back there in September.
Anyway, as I have been interning for a new website called Fashion Feed I got to go to GFW and see all of the amazing work of the graduating students of 2014 and I have to say the talent was unbelievable. Fashion Feed is a website dedicated to promoting the work of upcoming designers, they basically set up a profile and we then find ways to get people to notice them PLUS they can sell their designers to consumers looking for a one off piece. Its a great concept and since I got the job around two months ago I have got more and more into it and as it seems to be taking off, it feels very rewarding.
As our target market is of course mainly design students that need the extra promotion, GFW was the perfect networking event for us to chat to students, gain members and look at all the amazing talent out there. As I was walking around I found so much work that looked like hours and hours had been spent perfecting it. I was speaking to one girl who had spent over 100 hours hand sewing her embellished jacket and I just have so much respect for people that put that much effort into something.
Here are a few pictures from my time at the exhibition:
Me and my girl friend Alice, who also studies fashion journalism took a trip out to dstrkt in Piccadilly and it was the perfect night with lots of drinking vodka and cranberry and dancing the night away. I wore my white Topshop dress which I love. I find it so comfortable and really flattering! I wore it with my plain black New Look heels and River Island clutch.
The next day we got up and went out for breakfast at Raouls Café in Notting Hill which was just a short walk from Alice's flat. I had a strawberry and banana smoothie with peach juice and I don't think I have ever tasted anything so good! I would definitely recommend it to anybody who fancies a breakfast date.
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria








No comments:
Post a Comment