Friday, 4 July 2014

Holiday Blues

I have recently returned back to the UK after a gorgeous and relaxing fortnight in Rhodes, the beautiful Greek island. We had 14 scorching hot days of lying on our sunbeds and doing nothing but eat plenty of ice cream. It was such a delightful change to the dull English weather and I was also in need of a getaway as I love to be able to turn my phone and mind off from the outside world.

We stayed in a beautiful little town called Lindos, if you have ever been to Rhodes you will probably know it as it is a prime spot for tourists as the traditional Greek town boasts the Acropolis along with many shops, cafes and lovely rooftop restaurants. After we have visited many countries and never enjoyed them as much as the Greek islands we decided to break our promise to 'never visit anywhere twice' and head back to Rhodes. We stayed in a villa that we booked through James Villas and it was perfect! It was placed up on the south side of a mountain so we got all day sun along with peace and quiet that you definitely wouldn't get at a hotel. Although I LOVE to people watch I wouldn't trade in the silence and the privacy of our own villa just to watch a few people fall over by the pool.

A few nights we stayed in and had a BBQ which was lovely but most nights we went out into Lindos for their amazing traditional food and the pleasant Greek service. After a day of sitting by the pool it was nice to get dressed up and get out for the evening. Here is what I wore a few nights we went out:

Playsuit: Topshop  Shoes: Depop
 
Jumpsuit: Asos  Necklace: Topshop
 
Trousers/Top: Topshop  Shoes: River Island
 
Playsuit: Topshop
 
Dress: Topshop

Top: Zara  Skirt: Topshop  Shoes: River Island







 We also ventured up the Acropolis which was a good morning out and its always nice to experience a bit of history and culture. It was SO hot though and there was so many people and Donkeys roaming the streets of Lindos. I would recommend anybody to go and see the remains and the views at the top are breath taking, it was cheap as well.

Me and my brother at the top of the Acropolis
And here are just a few more pictures from my time in Rhodes:
 
Showing off my tan on Instagram with a selfie

Relaxing in the pool on our lilo
Cocktails at Museum Bar. Casablanca is a must.

Amazing view from our pool. Bikini top: Accessorize, Bottoms: River Island


We may be 23 and 19 but never too old to play catch.
 

 One thing I particularly LOVE about holidays is the amount of down time there is. It means its about the only time of year I get to read a book or two, or three. Every year I plough through a few books and vow that I will keep reading all year round however life just happens and I never stick to it. I read three incredible books this year. 'The Husbands Secret' by Liane Moriarty, about three different women dealing with many different secrets. I had heard a lot about this book but it exceeded all expectations with so many amazing twists and turns I couldn't put it down. Then I read 'The Little Coffee Shop Of Kabul' by Deborah Rodriguez was interesting not only because of the events happing around the five female main characters but I never knew quite what went on in Afghanistan. I wasn't sure I would enjoy a book set in the Middle East but I feel like I know so much more about the culture now and I fell in love with every single character. Finally I read 'Its All About Treo' by Dave Heyhoe. Its the real life story of a British sniffer dog serving his time in Afghan. Its written by the dog handler himself and as a true dog lover I fell in love with Treo and have new rush of respect towards the armed forces. I read the whole book in the last 3 days and I recommend it to anybody.

The only problem now is that, well, my holiday is over. Its back to reality where I have to read my emails and actually do some work. It already feels like a need a holiday and I'm just yearning for my tan to stick around as long as possible. I would go back to Lindos in a heart beat and I just hope its not too long until I can return.

Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria



 



No comments:

Post a Comment