Thursday, 24 July 2014

'Ireland is where strange tales begin'

'Ireland is where strange tales begin & happy endings are possible.'
Charles Haughey
 
 
DUBLIN IN PICTURES
 
 
 
A month or so ago my friends and I decided to book flights to Dublin for a long weekend, for £30 return flights from Manchester to Dublin how could we turn it down?
 
Me and three of my girl friends have just got back from the best 4 days and I have to say Dublin exceeded all of my expectations. We booked into a hostel call Generator and considering it was only £95 for 3 nights we couldn't have asked for more. The bedrooms and bathrooms were spotless and there was a lively bar downstairs in the evening, it was so central as well. Check out the website here http://generatorhostels.com/en/ as they have hostels in a number of locations and I definitely recommend them.
 
 
On the first day we checked in and walked around to get our bearings before getting ready to go out for a 'quiet night'. We returned home at 3.30am because we couldn't pull ourselves away from the Irish bars and pubs playing traditional Irish music. We all loved it and it was then that we agreed that the weekend was going to perfect.
 
Daisy getting in the spirit at the train station.
 
My outfit. It seemed like a hat and kimono kind of day.
 
At the bar in the hostel, we weren't sure what to expect but still excited all the same.
 

On our first full day we walked to Phoenix Park and rented bikes (only 5 euros for a few hours). We went and saw all the sights that the massive park (5 times the size of Hyde Park) had to offer along with picking up some stray, middle aged, Irishman on his bike who seemed to like talking. It was different and we all had a great time. Everyone knows im the outdoorsy type, so that was right up my street. Here is some pictures we took, we managed to get some good action shots too:

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 That night we went on an Irish pub crawl where watched the UFC, luckily the Irish won so everyone was in good spirits. We went to four pubs and one club. I was a little worried that since im not a massive drinker I wouldn't make the most of it but I actually really enjoyed it and I think anyone who is going to Dublin has to do it. It is a great way to meet people and chat to travellers who have lots of interesting stories.

After a few drinks I thought this was hilarious

Making friends with a hen party
 
Wearing my Topshop trousers for the first time. I loved them!
 
 
 
 

After returning at 3.30am once again we decided the only cure to the hangovers would be burgers. We went for lunch at Eddie Rockets which is very similar to Ed's Diner. I had a Skinny Beach burger which had a wholemeal bun, low fat cheese and lots of salad. I watch what I eat a lot at home and because I exercise so much if I do eat something that full of fat it tends not to sit well with me so I always look for slightly healthier option and I have to say it was the best burger I have EVER had. The girls all agreed so we went back the next day too.

We strolled around the high street and then made our way back to get ready for our final night in Dublin. We went to a bar called Badbobs, we loved it so much we went there every single night and anybody planning to go to Dublin should definitely seek it out. The drinks are reasonably priced and the music is amazing and because it was Sunday they had some live singers in which we loved. I of course recommended Fleetwood Mac (my all time favourites) and got a brilliant Irish version of  'Go Your Own Way'. We ended up in an Irish lock in, where they basically lock you in as a private party so they can continue serving out of business hours. It turned into such a good night that we totally lost track of time and stayed until 5.30am and our walk home was along the sunrise which we actually really enjoyed...
The best burger ever
 
The standard toilet selfie
Sometime around 3am I assume
 
 
 
 
Our Badbobs Tshirt
 
 
The 5.30 walk of shame
 
5.30am and the views were beautiful
 
 
 
 


Hope you enjoy our pictures from Dublin. We had a perfect girly weekend full of laughs and Vodka and we all agreed we will return to Dublin in our second attempt of finding Gerard Butler.

Yours Fashionably

Sarah Victoria
 


 

 

 







 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment