I recently took part in the Summer Sweat Challenge with the Wedges&Weights blog. It's a fitness page with posts about nutrition and fitness and it's perfect for anybody who wants to get started in the gym. It also includes some amazing workouts for people who already know what they are doing so it's suitable for all abilities and it's written by the lovely Hannah Mills. If her positive attitude can't get you going then nothing can.
Check out her blog: http://www.wedgesandweights.com/
And follow her on twitter @RealHannahMills
So I basically had to complete a challenge every single day of the month and tweet my challenge response with #summersweatchallenge. These challenges ranged from extremely tough HIIT circuits to making smoothies to tweeting a picture of our favourite gym gear. It was so much fun and I loved seeing what all the other women that took part were doing too! It's so friendly in the fitness world and everyone wants to help each other, it's so refreshing.
Here are some of my pictures:
And can you believe it... I won!! I literally never win anything so I was so excited. I won loads of fitness prizes including; a months supply of Total Greek yogurt, protein powder, Quest bars, Bouce protein balls, a £50 voucher for active in style and some skin care treatments, and that's not all!
People can say what they want about my dedication to working out and keeping fit and healthy but there is a thousand reasons that I go to the gym. It puts you in the best frame of mind and I always say 'sweat your stress away', it works everytime for me. I've made the greatest friends through fitness too and it's nice to be around people that want you to succeed. Of course it's an added extra that I have lost a stone and dropped 2 dress sizes in less than a year, it's also quite an achievement that I can lift way over my body weight and can no longer imagine a life without weights. But I can honestly say it's my mental attitude that has improved the most.
I'm not saying everybody should get up and go to the gym right this second because I understand that some people just don't enjoy it and you should never force yourself to do it. I do think everybody should find something that makes them feel positive, where they can set themselves personal goals and feel great when they achieve them.
Who cares what anybody else thinks?!
Do a few squats and forget about your problems.
Sarah Victoria










No comments:
Post a Comment