Friday, 17 October 2014

My Internship Diary - Week 2


Im Half way there! I am officially half way through my internship at InStyle magazine. If the past two weeks are anything to go by, it will all be over before I know it. 

The second week was a lot busier for me as I was given much more responsibility. Plus, we did so many returns last week we barely had anything left in the cupboard that wasn't being used for Arabella Greenhill's denim shoot or Robyn Kotze resort story. 

I love how fast paced it can be, having to send urgent bikes with very expensive items to the photoshoots to make sure it arrives in time is weirdly thrilling. 

A few of the fun projects I've had this week have been:

Going on Style.com to get the exact look number from the catwalk to then call them in from the PRs. It was a good way to check out all the latest ready to wear collections. I had to get it right otherwise they would call in the wrong look and we would have the wrong clothing for the shoot.

I have also been in charge of calling in products for the knitwear feature for the January issue. I don't want to give too much away about what's in the upcoming magazines but it's a nice feeling when you get to help out with what is being put on the page. 

I have also been in charge of calling in all the credits for the items that were used in a shoot two days ago. This is so the reader can see where it's from, how much it costs and where they can get it. 

Then today, I've been rushed off my feet as Arabella, the fashion director has been away shooting her denim story. Back in the office I have had to take the deliveries that were late and organise them to be taken straight to the shoot. It's safe to say I am looking forward to the weekend. 

I have been up for the gym everyday to workout at 6am, mainly because when I finish work at 6 the last thing I want to do is go to the gym. I have discovered that the Virgin Active I have been going to have sleeping pods. Can you believe it? That's actually a thing. I went and had a little look and it's basically a reclining chair in a dark room that has a dome around it for complete privacy. There is a little light so you can read and a slot for you headphones if you want to listen to music. It's actually a really good idea. I bet some people nip there in their lunch hour for a little nap! London is very hectic I suppose. 

I managed to get some more pictures than last week luckily: 


This is my new grey top from Topshop that my mum surprised me with. She knows me so well that she can do that and be fairly confident I will love it. As you can see it's high neck and I love the colour so much. But the main reason I love it is because it's cropped enough to wear with high waisted jeans but it is long enough that it doesn't show any stomach. I hate having my midriff out in the daytime but I love wearing high waisted jeans and skirts so this solves all my problems! 


Apologies for the toilet selfies however there is no other mirror that is suitable. As you can see I have been keeping quite casual. Being a fashion intern isn't as glamorous as Anna Hathaway makes it seem in the Devil Wears Prada. It involves a lot of running around and sitting on the floor organising paperwork and items for returns or photoshoots. 


As a random evening out me and one of the girls I live with, Joey who is also one of best friends and her friend Katie went to watch the recording of the famous TV show Family Fortunes. The tickets were free so we thought, why the hell not? It was actually so much fun and Vernon Kay was hilarious. I will try and watch them when they air on TV to see what they edit out. I have tickets to see Alan Carr Chatty Man soon so that should be fun! 



Anybody would think I'm a tourist, but I had to show you the view I had whilst eating my lunch this afternoon. A close up shot of The Shard. My view whilst I walked home wasn't too shabby either. Across Southwark bridge to the right is The Shard and Tower Bridge in the distance alone with the Gherkin and all the other lovely buildings around Liverpool Street station. Then to the left is the Soutbank, London Eye, Royal Albert hall and a distant view of Somerset house. It really makes me appreciate how lucky I am to live in London when I take the time to look what's around me. 

 


Finally, my two pictures from Borough market which didn't even require a filter. I had to use every ounce of will power not to buy everything. Any kind of fruit or veg you could want, freshly baked bread with a range of interesting flavours to freshly made, chilled fruit juices sold for half the price of Pret next door. It's open most days so if you are around London you must go and check it out! It's huge! 

A bit of a long post I know, I just wanted to share everything from this week! Hope you've all had an amazing week and I can't wait to see what week 3 has in store. 

Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment