Sunday, 26 October 2014

My Internship Diary - Week 3

I'm not going to beat around the bush, this week has been great! Super busy, but great! 

I've been working hard in the office dealing with returns from two shoots, call ins for two shoots and finding credits for two shoots so it's safe to say I've had a lot on my plate. We had our new intern start on Monday as well. There is a constant stream of interns leaving and new ones starting so I will have worked with four different girls in my time at InStyle and they have all been lovely. It's nice to sit and compare past internships and after spending many hours in a fashion cupboard with them, you get to know each other pretty well. The new girl is from Chester, not too far from my home town so it's nice to talk about home comforts together. 

There is an upcoming issue that is completely dedicated to denim which I am so excited for so the cupboard is looking very navy at the moment... 
It is torture looking at this amount of shoes all day! I just want to take them all home with me. 

I'm still so in love with my Zara coat from last winter I can't bring myself to abandon it just yet! The white top I'm wearing here has a section around the neck decorated with silver beads which I love because no necklace is necessary! It just adds that little bit extra to plain black jeans and white top. 

I am SO on board with the new trend for roll necks! This black one from Topshop could be my favourite item right now. I wore it under my floral playsuit from summer with black tights to keep me warm on a chilly, Autumn Friday. It's a great way to keep wearing some summer items for a little bit longer! 

My lovely boyfriend Mike came to stay this weekend too which was great. On Friday night I met him straight from work at The Diner on Carnaby Street where we ate hotdogs and some AMAZING sweet potato fries. We did a little bit of shopping and then just headed to my flat to chill out, watch a film and catch up. 

On Saturday of course we went to the gym (yes we are a couple that works out together) then spent the afternoon catching up with work. In the evening we dressed up and went to Paramount, a bar based in Soho on the 32nd floor. Although the cocktails were expensive they tasted insane and my Marshmellow Sling came complete with a Marshmellow on top! The views were also incredible and it was a lovely place to sit and have relaxing drinks and nice chat. 

Mike doesn't like pictures so will probably kill me for including this but I loved his outfit so much a couldn't resist. He had a black roll neck jumper on with his new leather jacket from Zara, the fur around the collar is so soft and shiny I couldn't stop touching it! 

I usually avoid bodycons at all costs but I bought this one from River Island a while ago and have barely worn it so I decided to just go with it. It's black and pale blue and I think the plain black panels and white sleeves give it a sporty look! I will try and get more wear out of it. 

Today we got the tube to Canary Wharf and walked around the shopping centre before going into a lovely pub, the Cat & Canary to watch the football. As I have grown up in a house of avid Manchester United supporters I am actually a football fan. It's always better watching a game in a bar as you soak up the atmosphere full of tension and when they score it's hilarious watching fully grown men hugging and clapping as if it's the best moment of their lives. We then strolled along West India Quay before travelling home, it was the perfect Sunday. 

I'm ready for my fourth and final week as the InStyle fashion intern, let see what's in store.

Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment