Friday, 11 October 2013

Culture Cat

On my day off this week I thought I would take a little trip into London to visit some exhibitions. After our lecturer pointed out that we have a beautiful city on our door step and we should appreciate it by going to lots of events and "get cultured". I've always quite enjoyed museums, displays and shows so I thought I would independently go and educate myself.

First I ventured to Club to Catwalk at the V&A, a fashion exhibition based on the Punk era and fashion in the 80s. Featuring many collections by high flying designers of the time and also specific items that were popular such as the inflatable rain jacket which I have to say I would find hard to deal with. It also covered other gems of the 80s such as; John Galliono, The Face magazine, Vivienne Westwood and many more. The fact they were playing popular hits by Michael Jackson and 'sweet dreams' by Annie Lennox. 



Then I went to Only in England that was showing in The Science Museum. It featured Martin Parr photography of whom I absolutely adore! I have followed his documentary style photography for years now but this exhibition contained images that I had never seen before and I thought they were all amazing!! I must say I wasn't a massive fan of the page from his diary including his observations of Northerns and as a Northern girl myself I was not happy! I will forgive him because he's so talented though. 


Yours Fashionably,
Sarah Victoria 

No comments:

Post a Comment