Wednesday, 23 October 2013

Frank Bar

This weekend I took a trip home to see my family, friends and boyfriend. It is always weird when I go home to Cheshire as I expect there to have been a drastic change while I have been away, but everything is always exactly the same which I suppose is nice.

So I am sure most of you are subscribed to one of those voucher websites that send you roughly one million emails a day telling you that you get 40% off a memory foam mattress. Well I am signed up to Groupon, they are terrible for bombarding you with emails and I instantly regretted signing up when my inbox filled almost a minute after tapping in my email address. But occasionally, VERY occasionally they actually provide some very good deals and this was one of them.

Frank Bar and Diner - Shrewsbury

The Groupon included an appetiser platter and two cocktails which we could chose from the whole menu (very wide range of cocktails) so me and my boyfriend decided to get a bit dressed up and take our chances that it wasn't going to be a dive. Once we got in there it was actually very quirky. The theme was an American diner so there was booths and tall tables with stools. We went at 8pm so the lights were low and the music was fairly loud as it turned from café to bar in the evening.

 
I love places that are a little different, the décor was rock n roll style with spray painted car parts pinned to the wall and framed images of icons such as Amy Winehouse. When I went to the toilet I walked through one of the rooms and they had a projection wall with rock music videos playing as people relaxed with their drinks.

When our platter of BBQ ribs, pulled pork and cheesy nachos and mini burgers came we did agree it was a heart attack on a plate but we gave it our best shot after working our asses off in the gym all week. It can't be all work no play after all. I would recommend Frank Bar and Diner if you like to go somewhere with a bit of character but if you fancy a romantic, classy restaurant with nice food then this is not the place. The cocktails were delicious so I would head back here for drinks but I probably wouldn't eat again as I quite like my healthy heart!

Enjoying a well earned cocktail
He was happier than he looks
 
 
 
 
 
 
Some pictures from inside


 
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment