Today, the Chanel show took place at Paris Fashion Week. I truly believe that Karl Lagerfeld has out done himself and anybody else for that matter. Known for his crazy locations and creative concepts on the runway I really didn't know what to expect today but I definitely wasn't expecting this.A Chanel supermarket? Where did this idea even come from? With isles full of 'Chanel' food products and stands full of every different type of 'Chanel' cheese they have literally thought of it all right down to the colourful shopping trolleys pushed by the models. When I first saw the set I wasn't sure if I loved it but when I saw the immense detailing that has gone into it I couldn't really disagree that Chanel is on top form. The runway full of super bright, primary colours gave off a kitsch feeling and as the models walked down (or shall I say shopped around) I couldn't help feel it looked like a toy world.
I wonder what will come next as I find each show completely unpredictable,that is what is so great about Chanel, one of the most iconic and long running fashion houses can still surprise us. I think that means Karl is doing his job! All I can say is... where can I get my Chanel Spaghetti?
Yours Fashionably
Sarah Victoria
Images from vogue.co.uk

-anteprima-600x476-1007774.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment