Thursday, 22 May 2014

A Night With Katy Perry

I have had such a fun week so far, mainly because I have been to see Katy Perry in the Prismatic Tour at the Manchester Phones4u Arena (basically the MEN to any Northerners). I have always enjoyed her music, ever since she released 'I Kissed A Girl' I was a fan however she wasn't on the top of my list of people I wanted to see live. She was firmly placed behind Beyoncé, Rihanna, Justin Timberlake to name a few. That was until my mum bought me tickets to see her Teenage Dream tour a few years ago for Christmas and as soon as I saw her live I found a new love for this woman that has only grown more since. The Teenage Dream tour was that good I saw her at the o2 London and then booked to see her a week later at the MEN.

I think the reason I love her so much is not only the feel good songs she releases one after another but the fact she doesn't take herself seriously at all and I think for a female in the public eye these days, that's very rare to see. She's usually in the press for doing or wearing something crazy and her music videos usually involve her acting like a fool which I really appreciate. Anybody who hasn't seen the video to her new single Birthday follow this link and watch it... it will give you a laugh https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEUg7OplvIQ as she crashes 5 different parties disguised as 5 ridiculous characters.

So the Prismatic tour that my friend Jess kindly invited me with her to see was not a disappointment as I questioned if she could beat her last tour. Since me and Jess go to University miles apart as she is in Leeds and me in London we rarely get to properly catch up. We decided to head for cocktails in Manchester before the show and discovered a great bar near the arena called Zinc. I ordered one of my favourites, the Cosmopolitan. Although the price was steep they were really well made and tasted GREAT! As we had VIP tickets we had an amazing view of the show which I am glad about as some the things the dancers were doing was incredible. It was also nice to see the costumes and set up close. She changed the set at least 5/6 times which kept the show interesting and made up a nice structure. I like the fact she gave the musicians and dancers time on their own to take the attention of the crowd as I think we sometimes forget they are there and how amazing they are.

Here are some pictures I took of the show and some I have taken
from Google for you to see her costumes in detail because they were incredible. Hats off to the costume designer.

















































And here is what I wore for the occasion. I wanted to keep it relatively casual as high heels are always a mistake for concerts, I draw the line at heeled boots. Its still nice to make an effort for an evening out though. I wore my River Island sandals and wide leg trousers which have been a god send so far this season, a standard Topshop cami and jacket which I love more every time I wear it. My hat is from H&M and was an absolute bargain and my bag is from River Island also.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


Yours Fashionably

Sarah Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment